In this episode, my guest freelancer Ellen Goodwin shares how she lost clients and almost lost her business due to procrastination. We discuss how to work when no one is watching and being consistent to meet deadlines for clients.
You’ll learn about the different types of procrastination and why we procrastinate. Ellen gives tips on how to identify why you are getting distracted and how to address it. You’ll get action steps to allow for time for distraction and then refocus to get things done.
Here are some things we covered in this episode:
- How to deal with the feast or famine cycles of freelancing
- Tips to prepare for downtime when you’re not fully booked
- Building confidence to prepare for times of insecurity
- How to overcome procrastination
- Why do we procrastinate?
- Different types of procrastination
- How to make a plan to avoid procrastination
- Stop blaming yourself and setting yourself up for failure
- How consistent mini-habits can get you on the right track
- Reward yourself for meeting productivity goals
Ellen Goodwin is a Productivity Trainer, TEDx speaker, and author who uses neuroscience-based principles to enable individuals and businesses to overcome all types of procrastination, build stronger habits, and be more focused so that they can be more efficient and effective with their time. Ellen believes that when it comes to productivity, there is no one-size-fits-all solution, which is why she advocates for experimentation to find the tools and techniques which will work seamlessly with your life and your business, no matter what you want to accomplish. She recently released her first book, DONE: How To Work When No One Is Watching, and is the co-host of The Faster, Easier, Better Show podcast.