In this episode, you’ll hear from freelance translator Maeva Cifuentes. We discuss where to find clients, how to market your services, and networking on LinkedIn. The principles discussed here apply to any freelance business, no matter your services.
You’ll learn what it really looks like to be a translator, beyond speaking the language. Maeva takes you through the day in the life of a translator, and how to be a leader in the industry.
Here are some things we covered in this episode:
- What is the difference in translation and interpreting as a freelancer?
- What you need to know in the source language to be a translator?
- What does a typical day look like as a translator?
- Should you focus on a specialty or be a generalist?
- How to market your freelance translator services.
- Things you must do to stand out on LinkedIn.
- What you should know before deciding to offer translation services.
- How to prepare for a translation business, beyond speaking the language.
- How to build relationships with clients.
Maeva has been a French and Spanish to English freelance translator for just over a decade. She writes about freelance translation & the digital nomad lifestyle on her blog, Maeva Everywhere. As a person with multiple interests, she’s diversified her services into marketing, on top of translation, and recently launched a content marketing agency. You can usually find her writing on LinkedIn, traveling, learning a new skill or listening to her favorite music.
Connect with Maeva: