How to Find a Remote Work Opportunity That Feels Fully Aligned – EP 16
There are so many remote work opportunities available, but finding the right one for you can be overwhelming.
My guest today, Jayla Rae Ardelean, will share how to find a remote work position that fits your family’s needs, her tips to notice red flags in job postings, and why you shouldn’t settle for a work situation just to make money.
We discuss how to find a work relationship that feels fully aligned and sustainable through your military moves.
Things we discussed in this episode:
- What Jayla does as a Director of Operations
- Advice to avoid discrimination of military spouses
- How to organize task management
- Why you should give yourself grace when things fall through the cracks
- The importance of seeking a workplace that supports your family life
- Advice for finding remote work
- How to discover what the hiring manager is looking for
- Why you don’t need to know everything when you get started working remotely
- Opportunities in the remote space
- Why you need to look for red flags in job opportunities
- The importance of finding an opportunity that feels fully aligned
- Connect with Jayla at www.jaylarae.com
Laura Briggs is empowering the freelance generation. Through her public speaking, coaching, and writing, she helps freelancers build the business of their dreams without sacrificing all their time, family, or sanity. Laura burned out as an inner-city middle school teacher before becoming an accidental freelancer with a Google search for “how to become a freelance writer.” Since then, she’s become a contributor to Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and Writer’s Weekly. She worked for more than 300 clients around the world including Microsoft, Truecar, and the Mobile Marketing Association. She’s delivered two TEDx talks on the power of the freelance economy for enabling freedom and flexibility and how it’s being used to address the technical skills gap in the U.S. Laura is the host of the Advanced Freelancing podcast, a sought-after public speaker on the gig and digital freelance economy, and a freelance coach focused on aspiring six-figure freelancers. Laura’s books, courses, and coaching have reached over 11,000 people.
As a military spouse, Laura is passionate about serving her community and founded Operation Freelance, a nonprofit organization that teaches veterans and military spouses how to become freelancers and start their own business.