Today we are talking about two popular topics: the mindset around failure (and how to pivot) and the secrets to getting sales.
My guest, Donnie Boivin and I discuss why you must be willing to fail. As a matter of fact, if you aren’t failing, you aren’t growing your business! We dig into the mindset issues and share how to pivot and move forward. Next, Donnie shares his secrets to landing sales. His tips will change the way you think about pitching your services.
Here are some things we covered in this episode:
- Why you must be willing to fail
- How to pivot your mindset when you are feeling low
- How to get to moment of clarity
- What to do when you have dropped the ball
- What to expect if your life is comfortable
- Why sales are important (no matter what your service is)
- Why sales are easy – and how to sale when you don’t want to
- How to reach out consistently to sale your service
- How to conduct sales calls
- Why sales are not a “close” but the start of a relationship
- Get Donnie’s content resource by texting “I am a success champion” to 817-318-6030
After listening to this episode, share your action steps and take-aways with our group:
Connect With Laura:
Laura Briggs is empowering the freelance generation. Through her public speaking, coaching, and writing, she helps freelancers build the business of their dreams without sacrificing all their time, family, or sanity. Laura burned out as an inner-city middle school teacher before becoming an accidental freelancer with a Google search for “how to become a freelance writer.” Since then, she’s become a contributor to Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and Writer’s Weekly. She worked for more than 300 clients around the world including Microsoft, Truecar, and the Mobile Marketing Association. She’s delivered two TEDx talks on the power of the freelance economy for enabling freedom and flexibility and how it’s being used to address the technical skills gap in the U.S. Laura is the host of the Advanced Freelancing podcast, a sought-after public speaker on the gig and digital freelance economy, and a freelance coach focused on aspiring six-figure freelancers. Laura’s books, courses, and coaching have reached over 10,000 people.
As a military spouse, Laura is passionate about serving her community and founded Operation Freelance, a nonprofit organization that teaches veterans and military spouses how to become freelancers and start their own business.https://oembed.libsyn.com/embed?item_id=19656152