Analysis paralysis affects new and seasoned freelancers and happens to us all!
Today I share how to get out of overwhelm so you can get unstuck and move forward on the things that you need to do.
Here are some things we covered in this episode:
- How to get out of overwhelm and move forward
- The first thing to do when you are stuck
- Overcoming decision fatigue
- What information to gather
- Who you need to support you
- Tips to make the next steps to get unstuck
- How to determine the most important things on your plate
- Questions to ask yourself when determining what to eliminate
- A simple activity to guide your decisions
- Ask yourself: What is the true cost of not doing what you want to do?
- How to check in with yourself when new ideas pop up
- Mindset questions to help you move forward and close the loop
After listening to this episode, share your action steps and take-aways with our group:
Connect With Laura:
Laura Briggs is empowering the freelance generation. Through her public speaking, coaching, and writing, she helps freelancers build the business of their dreams without sacrificing all their time, family, or sanity. Laura burned out as an inner-city middle school teacher before becoming an accidental freelancer with a Google search for “how to become a freelance writer.” Since then, she’s become a contributor to Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and Writer’s Weekly. She worked for more than 300 clients around the world including Microsoft, Truecar, and the Mobile Marketing Association. She’s delivered two TEDx talks on the power of the freelance economy for enabling freedom and flexibility and how it’s being used to address the technical skills gap in the U.S. Laura is the host of the Advanced Freelancing podcast, a sought-after public speaker on the gig and digital freelance economy, and a freelance coach focused on aspiring six-figure freelancers. Laura’s books, courses, and coaching have reached over 10,000 people.
As a military spouse, Laura is passionate about serving her community and founded Operation Freelance, a nonprofit organization that teaches veterans and military spouses how to become freelancers and start their own business.https://oembed.libsyn.com/embed?item_id=19656152