Jim Palmer is a marketing expert, business coach, entrepreneur, author and speaker. Founder of both the Dream Business Academy and Dream Business Coaching and Mastermind Program, he works to provide Smart Marketing and Business Building Strategies for growth-oriented entrepreneurs and small business owners. This mission extends to Jim’s hosting enterprises on Dream Business Coach TV, the hit weekly web TV show with an audience of thousands, and Stick Like Glue Radio, a weekly podcast that helps entrepreneurs take their business to the next level. Jim is best known internationally as ‘The Dream Business Coach’ and creator of No Hassle Newsletters, the ultimate ‘done-for-you’ newsletter marketing program used by hundreds of clients in nine countries.
The first step in Jim’s path to successful entrepreneurship began when, at age 41, his lucrative position as VP of Marketing was eliminated. With four teenagers and a mortgage, he sought another traditional job, but long-term unemployment and a cancer diagnosis inspired him to launch his own small marketing business in October 2000. Eventually, Jim learned about internet marketing and direct response, which led to the creation of his wildly successful coaching business.
On this episode of the podcast, Jim offers a mini-master class in time management and the real grit of being an entrepreneur. Listen in and develop the confidence to say ‘yes’ and grow your own Dream Business!
Jim’s definition of a Dream Business
- Multiple revenue streams
- Fun to operate
- Firing on all cylinders
- Provides the lifestyle you want to live
- Asset for worry-free retirement
- Allows you to give back and make a difference in the lives of others
The ‘bookend schedule’
- Jim’s official working days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Downtime is essential to cultivating creativity
The difference between an employee and an entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurs are wired differently and do not make the same distinction between work and personal
- Entrepreneurs are willing to work long hours because they are building something bigger than a paycheck
Jim’s guidance regarding when to start building your business
- Stop waiting for it to get easier
- “The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is today.”
Jim’s advice to entrepreneurs just getting started
- Do whatever it takes, even if that means stocking shelves part-time at Target while you are building your business
- Control your environment to achieve extreme focus by eliminating distractions
The necessary mindset for fostering adventure
- What if you say yes?
- Rather than framing what if’s that might prevent you from pursuing something new, explore the possibilities of what could be if you problem-solve and persevere
Connect with Jim Palmer
Jim Palmer is a marketing and business building expert and in demand coach. He is the founder of the Dream Business Academy and Dream Business Coaching and Mastermind Program. Jim is the host of Dream Business Coach TV, the hit weekly Web TV show watched by thousands of entrepreneurs and small business owners and he is also the host Stick Like Glue Radio, a weekly podcast based on Jim’s unique brand of Smart Marketing and Business Building Strategies. Jim is best known internationally as ‘The Dream Business Coach’ and creator of No Hassle Newsletters, the ultimate ‘done-for-you’ newsletter marketing program used by hundreds of clients in nine countries.