Are you ready to scale your freelance business to six figures?
My guest today, Bailey Ram, is a case study of how to do all the right things when you are upleveling your business. After reading my book, The Six-Figure Freelancer, she enrolled in the Advanced Freelance Roadmap™ and immediately implemented all of the steps and scaled her business successfully.
Listen in to Bailey’s story and advice, then tweak it into what will work for your business, enroll in the Advanced Freelance Roadmap™ during my Black Friday special offer and you will be well on your way to six figures in 2022!
Here are some things we covered in this episode:
- The Advanced Freelance Roadmap™ is now open!
- Visit bit.ly/advancedfreelanceroadmap – Special Coupon Code: BLACKFRIDAY2021
- How Bailey landed her first couple of clients
- How Bailey used her failures as a freelance case study of success
- The biggest challenges Bailey faced when she started the Advanced Freelance Roadmap™
- The thing that was a game changer for Bailey
- How Bailey increased her rates with her current clients
- How Bailey overcame a shattered Upwork job success score
- The decision that changed Bailey’s life
- How Bailey pivoted from Upwork to finding her own clients
- The steps to take after you have your first clients
- The strategy Bailey used networking to market her business
- Why you should consider bringing your own clients onto Upwork
- Why you should charge for your skill set rather than your time
- How Bailey discovered her niche
- Discover how Bailey protects her boundaries while giving away free content
- How Bailey lands clients from sending them a free personalized video
- Bailey shares how she communicates to new clients with a welcome packet
- How you can get unstuck in your business
- How the Advanced Freelance Roadmap™ pays for itself within a month
- Why you shouldn’t put your faith in one freelance platform or one client
- The mindset shifts that Bailey had in the process of scaling her business
- The importance of having systems that create good work
- Why you don’t have to work 40 hours per week
- How to claim quality over your rates
- Grab Bailey’s workflow at www.baleseng.co
After listening to this episode, share your action steps and take-aways with our group:
Connect With Laura:
Laura Briggs is empowering the freelance generation. Through her public speaking, coaching, and writing, she helps freelancers build the business of their dreams without sacrificing all their time, family, or sanity. Laura burned out as an inner-city middle school teacher before becoming an accidental freelancer with a Google search for “how to become a freelance writer.” Since then, she’s become a contributor to Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and Writer’s Weekly. She worked for more than 300 clients around the world including Microsoft, Truecar, and the Mobile Marketing Association. She’s delivered two TEDx talks on the power of the freelance economy for enabling freedom and flexibility and how it’s being used to address the technical skills gap in the U.S. Laura is the host of the Advanced Freelancing podcast, a sought-after public speaker on the gig and digital freelance economy, and a freelance coach focused on aspiring six-figure freelancers. Laura’s books, courses, and coaching have reached over 10,000 people.
As a military spouse, Laura is passionate about serving her community and founded Operation Freelance, a nonprofit organization that teaches veterans and military spouses how to become freelancers and start their own business.https://oembed.libsyn.com/embed?item_id=19656152