Feeling overwhelmed in your freelance business? Taking on everything yourself is a recipe for burnout. It may be time to hire a virtual assistant.
If you want to scale your business to six figures and beyond, you need help to do so. A virtual assistant can help you with smaller tasks freeing you up to focus on projects that bring in more revenue.
In today’s episode, I share the signs to know when you are ready to hire help. You’ll learn the ideal tasks to outsource, what to expect from a virtual assistant, and tips for hiring. I will also give you the opportunity to fast-track hiring your assistant with a special discount on my course, How to Hire and Train Your First Virtual Assistant.
Here are some things we covered in this episode:
- Why you need help to scale your business to six figures and beyond
- Why taking on everything on your own is a recipe for burnout
- The difference between subcontractors and virtual assistants
- Signs to know when you are ready to hire help
- The best time to hire an assistant
- What most people get wrong about hiring a virtual assistant
- Ideal tasks to outsource
- What you should really expect from your assistant
- How your VA can help you set up systems in your business
- What to outsource first
- How long it takes to establish a workflow
- You might need someone just a few hours per week
- Tips for hiring and contracts
- Take the guesswork out of hiring your virtual assistant with my course bit.ly/hiringyourfirstva
After listening to this episode, share your action steps and take-aways with our group:
Connect With Laura:
Laura Briggs is empowering the freelance generation. Through her public speaking, coaching, and writing, she helps freelancers build the business of their dreams without sacrificing all their time, family, or sanity. Laura burned out as an inner-city middle school teacher before becoming an accidental freelancer with a Google search for “how to become a freelance writer.” Since then, she’s become a contributor to Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and Writer’s Weekly. She worked for more than 300 clients around the world including Microsoft, Truecar, and the Mobile Marketing Association. She’s delivered two TEDx talks on the power of the freelance economy for enabling freedom and flexibility and how it’s being used to address the technical skills gap in the U.S. Laura is the host of the Advanced Freelancing podcast, a sought-after public speaker on the gig and digital freelance economy, and a freelance coach focused on aspiring six-figure freelancers. Laura’s books, courses, and coaching have reached over 10,000 people.
As a military spouse, Laura is passionate about serving her community and founded Operation Freelance, a nonprofit organization that teaches veterans and military spouses how to become freelancers and start their own business.https://oembed.libsyn.com/embed?item_id=19656152