Struggling to get your first freelance clients? Fiverr may be a great option for you! Today my guest, Alex Fasulo shares the pros and cons of the platform. She will share her journey and how it is possible to make a six-figure income on Fiverr.
We discuss how the platform works, the hidden job board, and how the badges and the ranking system works. You’ll learn how to use Fiverr to get your first clients and get the experience and reviews you need to grow your business.
Learn when you should raise your prices and consider Fiverr Pro. If you are looking for a way to grow your freelance business and save time finding clients, this episode is for you!
Here are some things we covered in this episode:
- How Alex used Fiverr to get her first freelance clients
- How to get the first job to get the experience and review
- How categories work on the platform
- Where to find the hidden job board
- How much will you get paid?
- The benefits of Fiverr Pro
- When you should change your prices
- How the badges and ranking system works
- The pros and cons of getting clients on Fiverr
- How Fiverr can save you time looking for new clients
- Using Fiverr as a side gig
- Preparing yourself when Fiverr sides with the client
- How Alex grew her business to six figures
- Alex shares the negative effect of the visibility around her success on Fiverr
After listening to this episode, share your action steps and take-aways with our group:
Connect With Laura:
Laura Briggs is empowering the freelance generation. Through her public speaking, coaching, and writing, she helps freelancers build the business of their dreams without sacrificing all their time, family, or sanity. Laura burned out as an inner-city middle school teacher before becoming an accidental freelancer with a Google search for “how to become a freelance writer.” Since then, she’s become a contributor to Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and Writer’s Weekly. She worked for more than 300 clients around the world including Microsoft, Truecar, and the Mobile Marketing Association. She’s delivered two TEDx talks on the power of the freelance economy for enabling freedom and flexibility and how it’s being used to address the technical skills gap in the U.S. Laura is the host of the Advanced Freelancing podcast, a sought-after public speaker on the gig and digital freelance economy, and a freelance coach focused on aspiring six-figure freelancers. Laura’s books, courses, and coaching have reached over 10,000 people.
As a military spouse, Laura is passionate about serving her community and founded Operation Freelance, a nonprofit organization that teaches veterans and military spouses how to become freelancers and start their own business.https://oembed.libsyn.com/embed?item_id=19656152