My guest today, Alyssa Goulet is a freelance copywriter and content strategist. She shares how she started her business, discovered her niche, and launched her plugin. Alyssa will reveal the #1 thing clients want to know.
You’ll learn how to create your freelance portfolio, what to include on your website, and how to use your portfolio to sell your services to potential clients.
Learn how Alyssa launched a plugin to create a freelancer’s portfolio. Listen to her takeaways and take action after she shares simple steps to getting started, including a link to a free version of the plugin.
Here are some things we covered in this episode:
- Alyssa shares how she got started as a freelance writer and the mental obstacles she faced at the beginning
- How to overcome the mindset of feeling underqualified
- Taking the next steps after getting the first couple of clients
- The value of investing in your business
- The role of a portfolio when selling yourself to potential clients
- Why you shouldn’t overthink your portfolio
- Alyssa shares how she discovered her niche
- How to organically discover your niche
- Why niching down takes your business to the next level
- Alyssa shares the #1 thing clients want to know
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to niche down
- Considerations when your business takes off
- A tool that you can use to share your portfolio with clients
- Learn from Alyssa’s product launch takeaways
- Alyssa shares all about her plugin tool
- Get Alyssa’s free version of the plugin: getgeniusportfolio.com
After listening to this episode, share your action steps and take-aways with our group:
Connect With Laura:
Laura Briggs is empowering the freelance generation. Through her public speaking, coaching, and writing, she helps freelancers build the business of their dreams without sacrificing all their time, family, or sanity. Laura burned out as an inner-city middle school teacher before becoming an accidental freelancer with a Google search for “how to become a freelance writer.” Since then, she’s become a contributor to Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and Writer’s Weekly. She worked for more than 300 clients around the world including Microsoft, Truecar, and the Mobile Marketing Association. She’s delivered two TEDx talks on the power of the freelance economy for enabling freedom and flexibility and how it’s being used to address the technical skills gap in the U.S. Laura is the host of the Advanced Freelancing podcast, a sought-after public speaker on the gig and digital freelance economy, and a freelance coach focused on aspiring six-figure freelancers. Laura’s books, courses, and coaching have reached over 10,000 people.
As a military spouse, Laura is passionate about serving her community and founded Operation Freelance, a nonprofit organization that teaches veterans and military spouses how to become freelancers and start their own business.https://oembed.libsyn.com/embed?item_id=19656152