Are you feeling like you need to be unique in order to be successful?
Today my guest of the Advanced Freelancing podcast, Belinda Weaver, shares how to embrace what is special about working with you and how you show up in everyday life to market your business.
You’ll learn how to shine a spotlight on specific details about your business, your customers, and yourself to attract the type of clients that you want to work with. This takes a lot of pressure and paralysis out of marketing and gets you booked solid.
You already have the data that you need to identify what makes you choosable, and in this episode, Belinda shares what you need to practice, research, and track to successfully pitch your services.
Here are some things we covered in this episode:
- Getting over the mindset of not having credibility or experience
- Reframing the mindset trap of the need to be special
- What you need to know about pitching your services
- What you need to be regularly communicating with your marketing
- How to become “choosable”
- What freelancers are missing out on when marketing
- How to gather your experience and testimonials to spotlight what is special about working with you
- How to create an evidence list and use it to overcome challenges
- Why you need to align your marketing with how you show up in life
- Show up as you and you’ll attract the type of clients that you want to work with
- Why you need to practice your messaging before you have followers
- Recommendations for testing your messaging
- The 3 things that you need to track for your conversion rates
- Understanding the importance of “what gets measured gets managed”
- You already have the data that you need to identify what makes you choosable
Belinda Weaver is a copy coach helping aspiring and working copywriters supercharge their income, create financial stability, and avoid career burnout. She believes the whole point of being your own boss is to create a job that’s better than the one you left.
Creator of The Copywriting Inkubator program and Confident Copywriting coaching group, Belinda has helped 400+ copywriters set a rock-solid foundation in their writing and redesign their workflow so they can enjoy the journey of their work (while also turning a profit).
An Aussie living in California with her pug, two daughters and husband (listed in order of neediness)… Belinda is obsessed with Doctor Who, English murder mysteries and making the perfect lemon curd.
Connect with Belinda at: www.copywritematters.com
After listening to this episode, share your action steps and take-aways with our group:
Connect With Laura:
Laura Briggs is empowering the freelance generation. Through her public speaking, coaching, and writing, she helps freelancers build the business of their dreams without sacrificing all their time, family, or sanity. Laura burned out as an inner-city middle school teacher before becoming an accidental freelancer with a Google search for “how to become a freelance writer.” Since then, she’s become a contributor to Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and Writer’s Weekly. She worked for more than 300 clients around the world including Microsoft, Truecar, and the Mobile Marketing Association. She’s delivered two TEDx talks on the power of the freelance economy for enabling freedom and flexibility and how it’s being used to address the technical skills gap in the U.S. Laura is the host of the Advanced Freelancing podcast, a sought-after public speaker on the gig and digital freelance economy, and a freelance coach focused on aspiring six-figure freelancers. Laura’s books, courses, and coaching have reached over 10,000 people.
As a military spouse, Laura is passionate about serving her community and founded Operation Freelance, a nonprofit organization that teaches veterans and military spouses how to become freelancers and start their own business.https://oembed.libsyn.com/embed?item_id=19656152