If you are considering getting off freelance job platforms, this episode will answer your questions!
I share 4 signs to know when it is time to move on. You’ll learn the benefits and disadvantages of being on freelance platforms, and marketing strategies to implement now as you make the transition.
Discover how to take control of the cash flow in your business, the things you should know about digital sharecropping, and when you should leave a platform or stay.
Here are some things we covered in this episode:
- What does the process look like to leave freelance job boards?
- When you should leave your profile up on job boards
- 4 signs to know it is time to move on
- The benefits and disadvantages of being on freelance platforms
- Marketing strategies to put in place now before you quit job boards
- What you should know about digital sharecropping
- How to balance the cash flow in your business and take control
- What you should consider about your reputation and profile on platforms
- 1 reason when staying on a platform can do more harm than good
- How to take control of your business and why you should do it slowly
After listening to this episode, share your action steps and take-aways with our group:
Connect With Laura:
Laura Briggs is empowering the freelance generation. Through her public speaking, coaching, and writing, she helps freelancers build the business of their dreams without sacrificing all their time, family, or sanity. Laura burned out as an inner-city middle school teacher before becoming an accidental freelancer with a Google search for “how to become a freelance writer.” Since then, she’s become a contributor to Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and Writer’s Weekly. She worked for more than 300 clients around the world including Microsoft, Truecar, and the Mobile Marketing Association. She’s delivered two TEDx talks on the power of the freelance economy for enabling freedom and flexibility and how it’s being used to address the technical skills gap in the U.S. Laura is the host of the Advanced Freelancing podcast, a sought-after public speaker on the gig and digital freelance economy, and a freelance coach focused on aspiring six-figure freelancers. Laura’s books, courses, and coaching have reached over 10,000 people.
As a military spouse, Laura is passionate about serving her community and founded Operation Freelance, a nonprofit organization that teaches veterans and military spouses how to become freelancers and start their own business.https://oembed.libsyn.com/embed?item_id=19656152