Remaining healthy as a freelancer is not easy! You are busy and constantly working to meet deadlines, which often leads to a lack of self-care. However, when you neglect yourself, you are putting yourself at risk for health issues.
Today I am going to walk you through some of the things that I do to stay healthy when working as a freelancer on the computer all day. These little improvements will help you remain physically and mentally healthy over time.
You’ll hear my top ten tips, resources, and habits that will help you set intentions and hold yourself accountable. Remember, small steps result in a huge impact on your overall health and well-being.
Here are some things we covered in this episode:
- The health risks of sitting and working at a computer all day
- How blue light glasses can protect you
- Options for standing desks and tips to convert
- Why you should build breaks into your calendar
- How to protect your wrists and what you can do to decrease the wrist pain
- The essential oil that will help your wrists and focus
- Why I wear a wrist brace when sleeping
- The benefits of getting outside every day
- Why you should move around after sitting in the same place for a while
- Why Laura puts exercise at the beginning of her day
- How Gretchen Rubin’s quiz, The Four Tendencies will help you accomplish fitness and health goals
- Apps that can help you hold yourself accountable
After listening to this episode, share your action steps and take-aways with our group:
Connect With Laura:
Laura Briggs is empowering the freelance generation. Through her public speaking, coaching, and writing, she helps freelancers build the business of their dreams without sacrificing all their time, family, or sanity. Laura burned out as an inner-city middle school teacher before becoming an accidental freelancer with a Google search for “how to become a freelance writer.” Since then, she’s become a contributor to Entrepreneur, Business Insider, and Writer’s Weekly. She worked for more than 300 clients around the world including Microsoft, Truecar, and the Mobile Marketing Association. She’s delivered two TEDx talks on the power of the freelance economy for enabling freedom and flexibility and how it’s being used to address the technical skills gap in the U.S. Laura is the host of the Advanced Freelancing podcast, a sought-after public speaker on the gig and digital freelance economy, and a freelance coach focused on aspiring six-figure freelancers. Laura’s books, courses, and coaching have reached over 10,000 people.
As a military spouse, Laura is passionate about serving her community and founded Operation Freelance, a nonprofit organization that teaches veterans and military spouses how to become freelancers and start their own business.https://oembed.libsyn.com/embed?item_id=19656152